Friday, May 6, 2011

Missing Me Some Southern Properrrrrrr Etiquetttes!

Helleurrrrrrr.....

I have to say that THIS WEEK....I am truly homesick to be back in Florida. It has been the worse week I can remember EVAH! Now..I am not one to complaina ..(that's really a joke!) but I will confess that some of the "status quo" people annoy the heck out of me!!! I mean Keep It Real or step aside. Get an opinion and get your butt off the fence!!!

When I asked to do something...I do it! I don't take six polls from people and ask them what I should do. If I didn't want to do it I wouldn't have told you I would do it. Oh....those days of over committing are gone. If I accept a task....you don't have to keep emailing me....trust me I'm on it. Uhhmmmm...has any one guessed it by now?

Have you ever known a "Control Freak"? Well....since I am being honest...."I can say that I have suffered from this in the past...so I guess it takes one to know one". But in my defense....I've had to deal with people with people with various addictions which required me to step up my game...just a tad!

What's the difference between people out West versus the South....here are just a few things:

1) Southern folks don't need a governing committee to oversee a task...."Just One Good Southern Mama In Charge will do! Trust me ...she can HANDLE IT! And if she can't ...She'll pay good money to have it DONE RIGHT by somebody who can.

2) I've been told that people out West like to keep it "Simple".  Keeping it "Simple" to a Southern Mama is disturbing and unproductive. Who want's to be like everybody else....that's boring as ALL GET OUT! No Southern Mama wants be like the lady down the street!

3) The women in the West....like to look "au Naturelle". Well Jesus Lord How Mercy....Southern women can be "au Naturelle".....but lets be real. We do throw on a little powder and lip tint with a smidgen of blush and still call ourselves that. A true Southern Mama never leaves the house without lookin in the mirror. (We just tell a little white lie...and say we don't have any on!)

4)  Women out West like to tell people they are going to put their Yoga pants on and go to the gym. A Southern Mama gets up and gets dressed for Yoga but doesn't leave the house. Our house has got to be in order before we get to "those other distracting things in life...like working out!"

5)  Most of the women I've met are so self absorbed that they don't volunteer for anything....and if they do....the bring in bottled water or desserts....something they can buy and not put in time or effort into. (A Southern Mama.....calls them slackers!)

6) Women in the West also like their hair rather on the flat side and not colored with roots showing at least two inches down their head. A Southern Mama will miss her gyno appointment in order to get her hair colored.

7) I have never seen women with such ugly feet! I don't know quite how to explain this. People are wearing flip flops right now who desperately need to pay some attention to their feet. This just grosses me out.....nuff said!!

So there you have it....trust me....I'm not stopping because I can't think of more! There's a ton more to say....but I'm a 20 percenter Southern Mama who's gotta quit blogging because I gotta get to getting some work done. Cuz the other 80 percent of the Mama's...."are busy" and they don't have time to do anything but complain about what the 20 percenters are doing.

I miss my Southern Mama friends who like to do things right. Do you know one! I KNOW MANY....I am so missing them right now!


 

1 comments:

Shawn

Teacher Appreciation Week out West?

Oh how I have missed you, please blog more!