Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Well.....He Thought It Was A Good Idea!

He's 14 years old....what does he know! Apparently.....so much more than his parents. We  knew Lacrosse was his passion...and IS his passion, but upon moving here....everyone kept saying...Lacrosse really doesn't start full swing until February. So he played relentlessly all summer and went up to the High School to participate in Strength and Conditioning to keep in shape. As luck would have it, the Coach for S & C is the Freshman Football Coach. As soon as he met Austin...he saw his size and asked him did he play football.


"No Sir.....I am a Lacrosse player" as he shook the Coaches hand." Well...here in Denver....Lacrosse players play Football......and Football Players play Lacrosse"....the Coach said. "Uh....Ok. ( I mean really what was he supposed to say after a comment like that!) So....the Coach would begin his courtship in talking Big Boo into football...much to his dismay.

So what am I doing right now you might ask. Uhmmmm.....lets see....I am SO KNEE DEEP in Football ...you have no idea. There are over 50 players and 10 coaches just for the Freshman Football Team. And yes....same ole same ole....the 20/80 rule....20 percent of the parents do 80 percent of the work. We do have an amazing team Mom....who is basically the assistant to the coach...I tell you I don't know how she does it and she works full time! But I am trying to help her with anything I can. Oh..did I mention that I am feeding the 50 players and 10 coaches on Thursday night. Yes.....It is being catered but the "Soulmate" and I decided not to beg other people to step up and give...(I don't have time for excuses!) So the only thing I have asked for is someone to bring yeast rolls, dessert and Sweet tea from Chick-Fil-A! Bada Bing....Done!!! I am having Pot Roast and Mashed Potatoes made from the Marie Calendars Restaurant here in Denver made for the team!

So back to Boo! I cannot say exactly what I would normally say....for fear of retribution of some sorts...but lets just say...Big Boo...is definitely a Lacrosse player....Note to self: When your son tells you what he is.....just listen to him. Let him decide what he wants to do.....without encouraging them to out of their comfort zone......just listen! And yes...I am talking to myself. We thought it would be a great idea for him to stay in shape while waiting to play High School Lacrosse in February....but there are fall Lacrosse Leagues he could participate in and will be when Football is over in October. Also...a great way to meet more friends and build a comradery with some other players. Well....at least the social aspect of it is working out.

And yes....let me be clear about one thing. The Social Calendar is up in and running in the DeLoney home. Big Boo has something going on just about every other night! I will posting more pics soon!Ok....he is towering over me....I thought he would be this big when he was a Junior not a Freshman.


Hugs to all my Soul Sista's!


Debi

1 comments:

Shawn

Like me, you need to learn the word NO!

I love your new look!!!!

Miss you sweet friend!